You’re not alone.
Prostate cancer. They may be some of the toughest words you’ll ever hear.
Rest assured – you’ve come to the right place. We offer health guidance and emotional support to navigate a prostate cancer diagnosis, right from the start.
Prostate Health Nurse Navigator Program
A first step
If you’ve just received your diagnosis, this is the place to turn first.
Our Nurse Navigator is here to answer your questions, discuss your treatment options, and support you in your journey. Together, you can map a prostate health plan and explore IPC support services and community referrals right for your situation.
Time and space to weigh your options.
We offer more than information. We provide guidance in decision-making and time and space to chat things through – room that can otherwise be difficult to find.
Because prostate cancer isn’t a solo journey, we welcome you and your family – however you define it.
- 1 in 7 men Canadian men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer for men in BC
- 740 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed on Vancouver Island this year
- Prostate cancer is an ‘old man’s disease’
- Prostate cancer will end your sex life
- If you don’t have symptoms, you don’t have prostate cancer