It’s more than just a ride.
It’s a chance to change lives.
Who are you riding for?
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live
Right now, 1 in every 9 Vancouver Island men is diagnosed with prostate cancer. The Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live raises awareness by staging this event focused on Prostate Cancer early detection and prevention. We have raised over $690,000 towards education and research right here on Vancouver Island. We ride for our dads, our brothers and our friends. Join us Sunday, September 13th!
We are doing things a little differently this year! This event has been switched to a virtual model…instead of getting together on September 13th at Enrico Winery, as originally planned, we encourage you to get out and ride the beautiful route on your own or with your close circle. On the day of the ride we will can all post and share our photos or videos from the day on our social media channels to help bring us together virtually!
All you need to know!
- For this year only, when you register, this “registration fee” of only $25.00 will be classified as a donation to Island Prostate Centre and will be eligible for a tax receipt.
- Our Top 3 Fundraisers will be awarded prizes!
- Participants will have an opportunity to take part in our Ride & Seek challenge. A series of questions will be sent out on the morning of the ride, those who answer correctly will be entered to win a prize!
- An online 50/50 draw will take place. Sales will open 1 month before the event. Check back soon for more details!
- An online prize raffle draw will take place. Sales will open 1 month before the event. Check back soon for more details!
Purchase a Ride to Live HAT!
For only $20 you can add a custom made RTL hat to your collection. All funds raised will directly support the work of Island Prostate Centre! Give back in style!
We need the support of our community more than ever.
During this crisis, we’re committed to being here for the 1 in 9 men diagnosed with prostate cancer and their families — but it’s not easy. We are a small team doing vital work at a precarious moment. Now, we’re relying on the generosity of our community to help see us through.
We know men still need us and we want to ensure that we are here to help!
Your ROUTE, Your RIDE, let’s show some RIDE TO LIVE PRIDE!
- Although we can’t all get together as normal before the ride begins, we are encouraging you or your circle of friends and family to get out and ride this route on September 13th!
- Together, but apart we can still create an impact across the Island as we ride the route and show our support for those impacted by prostate cancer.
- Total time approximately 1 hr 40 minutes.
- Total distance traveled is approximately 56 kms.
Need some help with your fundraising? We have you covered!
Trust us, we get that asking people for money is a difficult task. But if you have been impacted by prostate cancer in some way – you or someone you know has been diagnosed – you know how important raising money really is to ensure Island Prostate Centre is there to help!
THANK YOU for taking the first step in wanting to help – we are with you every step of the way!
We’ve prepared a collection of images and sample posts to help grab the attention of your friends on social media!
To post, download these photos and unzip them onto your computer. Log into your social account and tell everyone why raising funds for Island Prostate Centre and the Ride to Live is important to you! You can also copy and paste the posts below. When you’re done, click photo/video, add the graphic and post! Be sure to include the link to your fundraising page on RaceRoster!
If you need assistance or have any questions please contact email@example.comDownload Images
I am participating in the Vancouver Island Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live this September in support of the 1 in 9 men diagnosed on Vancouver Island. I know 9 men. You know 9 men. Check out my fundraising page and help me reach my goals! Together we can we can make sure that they will have the support they need! #VIRideToLive @VIWestCoastRideToLive
Help me reach my fundraising goal by visiting my personal fundraising page. By donating, you are helping me but more importantly, you are helping all men here on Vancouver Island along with their families. Because of you the 1 in 9 men diagnosed in their lifetime will have access to counselling, support groups, nutrition education, exercise programs and more. #VIRideToLive @VIWestCoastRideToLive
It is more than just a ride; it is a chance to save lives. Join me in the Vancouver Island Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live this September. I am doing this for the #1in9 men diagnosed with prostate cancer on Vancouver Island each year. Click the link in my bio to see my personal fundraising page. Together we can we can make sure that our community will have the support they need. #VIRideToLive @VIWestCoastRideToLive
Help me support the #1in9 men diagnosed with prostate cancer on Vancouver Island. I am participating in the Vancouver Island Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live this September. Check out my fundraising page and help me reach my goals! Together we can we can make sure that our community will have the support they need. #VIRideToLive @VIWestCoastRideToLive